Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Pro Youth Elite Status
Squirrelhumper
Stand-Up Guy

Mood: Anti old firm

[*] posted on 28-12-2012 at 19:42
Pro Youth Elite Status

I see killie will compete with Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren, Motherwell.

From March, under 13 upwards.

There is a level below where other clubs play.

Anyone got any more details?

Glory Glory Ayrshire killie

We're not sectarian, we just hate everyone!

The 20/20's Rocking'

Killie's having a party and Lennon's in the Huff!
SCOOT KFC
Goodfella

Mood: A Winning Mood

[*] posted on 28-12-2012 at 21:46

The under 12/11s "league" was meant to be split into the 6 elite teams and 6 non elite however with 7 elite teams no team would agree to be the one elite team in with the non elite teams. Therefore at this level all the teams will continue to play each other.
I think this is better for Scottish football future because you want the likes of stenny, Ayr etc facing teams like hearts and Celtic so that the kids can improve

The Man From Del Monte, he say aye to a killie pie!

[url=http://uk.playstation.com/psn/profile/scootkfc/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/scootkfc.jpg[/img] [/url]
killietilidie
Stand-Up Guy

Mood: Concentrating on the league

[*] posted on 28-12-2012 at 22:26

Hear the fixtures for the 2nd half of the season are being reversed and the " Elite " Clubs will not play amongst themselves until the start of next season.

Over the last few seasons I have watched loads of Youth Football in both the Iniative and Performance Levels. These levels will remain with " Elite " being added at the top.

There will now be 3 levels instead of 2. Its all to do with the distribution of limited funding and its good for Killie to get in to Elite for this reason as we will get a higher level of grants from SFA.

However you cant say that a club like Motherwell or Killie have the best teams across all age groups , Celtic are strong in all age groups , but most other Clubs will be strong in some age groups but weaker in others.

I have no problem in " hothousing " the best v the best however I would introduce Elite , Performance and Iniative Levels in each individual age group based on results in the remainder of this season and then distribute the funding depending on how many age groups each Club Academy has playing in each Level ( hope that makes sense ).
killietilidie
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 28-12-2012 at 22:31

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOOT KFC
The under 12/11s "league" was meant to be split into the 6 elite teams and 6 non elite however with 7 elite teams no team would agree to be the one elite team in with the non elite teams. Therefore at this level all the teams will continue to play each other.
I think this is better for Scottish football future because you want the likes of stenny, Ayr etc facing teams like hearts and Celtic so that the kids can improve

SCOOT KFC - Couldn't agree more. I watched Ayr United v Celtic ( u17s ) recently in a game which Ayr won 5 - 2 ! Celtic had numerous lads on the park who were to play v England in the Victory Shield match. Ayr had two u15s on the park for the whole 2nd half who benefitted greatly from " playing up" against older lads at that level . You improve yourself by testing yourself against good players and then one day you find that you can compete / win !
Squirrelhumper
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 28-12-2012 at 22:44

Ayr got horsed off us at 17s.

The 20/20's Rocking'

killietilidie
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 28-12-2012 at 22:55

I seen that game as well.

Score flattered Killie as Ayr skelped the woodwork at least twice.

Looking forward to seeing the two sides meet again as they are two good teams at 17s ( hopefully my kid will get the chance to " play up " v Killie ) but I would go along even if he didn't as it would be a good game.

Back to the main point at U15s in Scotland IMO Airdrie United , Dundee , Livingston are stronger sides than some in the Performance Level. Hamilton Accies & Falkirk are both stronger sides than most in the proposed Elite section. This illustrates the point that you can't " hothouse " best v best by saying these are the best 8 Academies. You can "hothouse" best v best within each age group quite easily though.

The strategy of " hothousing " the best v best I agree with wholeheartedly , I just hope its being done for the right reasons rather than some Clubs managing to take the bulk of the available funding without " results " to back it up. The Funding needs to follow results on the park and by backing winning Academies we will bring through better players.
scootz
Cugine

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 29-12-2012 at 09:15

Killie just made it into the elite level, the only thing letting us down apparently is lack of facilities/or poor facilities. I dont know what facilities we have/use so cant comment any further.

edit: source-a workmates son plays for under 13s
SCOOT KFC
Goodfella

Mood: A Winning Mood

[*] posted on 29-12-2012 at 11:38

I don't see the point in having best v best, what is this going to put across to the kids who aren't playing with the likes of rangers and Celtic. If we want Scottish football to improve every youth team needs to be playing against the best.

The Man From Del Monte, he say aye to a killie pie!

[url=http://uk.playstation.com/psn/profile/scootkfc/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/scootkfc.jpg[/img] [/url]
The Stig
Cugine

[*] posted on 29-12-2012 at 12:52

The best players go to the "elite" clubs, so how is an SPL Team supposed to bring thru the "next big thing" if they are not part of the elite? The gap between the bigger clubs and smaller clubs will get wider, the rich get richer n Scottish football faces a doomsday scenario!
killietilidie
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 29-12-2012 at 15:42

Stig - I would say that one of the best Clubs for Youth Development over the last 10 years is Hamilton Accies.

You only have to look at Wigan Athletic's central midfield pairing to see the best example of Scottish Pro Youth in action .

Tony Watt has been a sensation at Celtic FC but Airdrie United must take great credit in his development and plucking him from Boys Club football before Celtic bought him.

Look closer to home , Rangers let Naismith go from Murray Park before Killie picked him up and brought him on again.

Some of Scotland's big clubs do well in Youth Development , Hearts have a superb set up with great coaches and its starting to pay off for them , Hibs did have a conveyer belt of talent which produced player after player for a while but recently that has dried up.

Rangers & Celtic - I'm not sure that's the best route for young talented players to get that all important initial chance to be honest. The smaller clubs tend to go to their own Youth systems more often IMO.

Certainly there is talent up here , of that there is no doubt , with English Club scouts in attendance most weeks at the older age levels. Pro Youth will improve the standard of our game given time - its just starting to work IMO.
killietilidie
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 29-12-2012 at 15:49

Quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Killie just made it into the elite level, the only thing letting us down apparently is lack of facilities/or poor facilities. I dont know what facilities we have/use so cant comment any further.

edit: source-a workmates son plays for under 13s

Scootz - The original criteria for Elite status required a Club to have its own Training Facility complex. The plan requires 8 Elite Clubs. The problem is to Scotland's shame there are only 5 Professional Clubs who have ever built their own facility Rangers , Celtic , Hearts , Hibs , St Mirren. The SFA therefore had to " relax " the criteria. Hats off to St Mirren , the " big 4 " you would expect to have invested in a training complex , St Mirren have shown the way for the rest of Scotlands Clubs.

Ross County have a good complex mind you with a 3/4 size indoor Astro, full outdoor Astro and 3 full size grass pitches - We decided to build a Hotel on our available land all those years ago

[Edited on 29-12-2012 by killietilidie]
Skydog
Stand-Up Guy

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-12-2012 at 16:29

St Mirren did have the advantage of a big pay-off from Tesco(?).

Is the Ross County complex not an SFA facility?

[Edited on 29-12-2012 by Skydog]

killietilidie
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 29-12-2012 at 16:41

Skydog - Its called " The Highland Academy " , not sure of how it was funded mate but its attached to Ross County's stadium and built on surrounding ground.

The Hearts complex at Riccarton is a partnership at Herriot Watt University . I think Hearts put in 2 ,3 or 4 million , the University doing the rest. Hearts however have a long term lease. They have a 3/4 size indoor Astro , full size outdoor Astro and 5 full size grass pitches. Youth matches can be played on Grass or Astro depending on weather.

Hibs complex at Tranent is very good , however they never seem to allow the Youths to play on the grass parks even in the summer !

St Mirren also always use the 3G Astro Park for all Youth matches while the grass is " protected ".

To be fair to Rangers they utilise their grass pitches at Murray Park which are in excellent nick. The Astro is however looking a bit dated.

Celtic have two facilities , Lennoxtown is excellent but they still use Barrowfield which has also had a bit of money spent
on it.
Skydog
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 29-12-2012 at 16:48

I didn't know Celtic had retained Barrowfield.

striker17
Cugine

[*] posted on 30-12-2012 at 21:21

The U8's 9's & 10's use Barrowfield for training. It has 3 grass pitches and a 3G pitch. One of the grass parks is a brilliant surface which the 1st team use on home match days as it is the same dimensions as parkhead. The facilities however leave a lot to be desired.

Gatehead born and bred... Killie til I die
Squirrelhumper
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 30-12-2012 at 22:51

Tesco paid for St Mirrens training complex. No chance they'd have one otherwise.

We have some cracking players coming through. You only need to look at the Scotland squads.

The 20/20's Rocking'

killietilidie
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 31-12-2012 at 11:13

Tesco paid for St Mirrens training complex. No chance they'd have one otherwise.

I'm Back - couldn't let that one go

St Mirren sold Love Street to Tesco , now they could have paid for their new stadium and spent the rest on transfer fees , higher wages or even have built a hotel and conference centre .

But no , they had a board with a long term view and commitment to Youth Development so quite rightly they built a Training Centre for their Youth squads and first team for which St Mirren as a club should be applauded

Open your eyes , don't see everything in the World of Football with those blue & white tinted specs.

St Mirren football club built Ralston with their funds after the sale of Love Street to TESCO !
Squirrelhumper
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 31-12-2012 at 11:24

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football...

They cleared their debt by selling Love St. They were very fortunate that they got the money they did. All credit for them using some of it to build training ground but the decision was easy for them given their lack of debt and the money they raised through the sale of Love St.

I'm sure clubs like Killie would love to be in that position, however not every club can sell an old stadium which was in need of work anyway, for an over inflated fee and shell out on training facilities.

We are in serious debt, buiilding a training ground is a pipe dream unless somebody gives us a few million.

You may accuse me of blue and white tinted specs, I can accuse you of the opposite. Nearly every post you make is a dig at Killie of some sort. From slagging crowds, to moaning about youth set up (which is doing better than some of the clubs you tout) etc.

The 20/20's Rocking'

killietilidie
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 31-12-2012 at 11:31

Squirrelhumper - We had the Land and could easily have had two full size covered 3G pitches at the back of the old stand on the ground which is now occupied by Hotel , Car park and Flats. These pitches could then have been rented out to the public when not in use by first team and Youths. They would have cost a hell of alot less than the Hotel , would have produced income and we would not be in as much of a mess debt wise.

We had the opportunity to invest in training facilities without the sale of Rugby Park. We chose not to I just find it strange that anybody would want to slight St Mirren FC for taking the action they did whilst previous incumbents at Rugby Park took the actions they did !

On the plus side we do have some good players coming through . I have watched some Killie Youth players from the 15s recently playing for Ayrshire schools and there are some good youngsters there.

[Edited on 31-12-2012 by killietilidie]
killietilidie
Stand-Up Guy

[*] posted on 2-1-2013 at 21:10

I hear from a very reliable source that the above " shake up " to Scottish Pro Youth football has been delayed to the start of season 2013 - 2014 as two or three clubs complained about their ommission from " Elite " status.

From season 2013 - 2014 their will in fact be 12 clubs appointed as " Elite " and not 8.

This info comes from a Youth coach with an SPL club - not Killie. Decision taken by Mark Wotte seemingly.

Fixtures for all age groups starting in March simply a reversal of first half of season .

[Edited on 2-1-2013 by killietilidie]

Go To Top