Killie Events Diary

Killie Kickback Forums Chat Room

The Rumour Mill

Prediction League

Fun 'n' Games

E-Mail Allan

E-Mail baz

Squads & Stats

Kilmarnock FC

Killie Under 21's

Killie Under 18's

FC Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock Girls

Kickin'  Squirrels

Site Features

About Our Site

B&H Online Edition

Club Information e-mail

Killie Facts

Killie Hippo Fanzine

Killie Links

KFCSA & Bus Times

Next Match Preview

Player of the Year

Rugby Park

Songs Sung Blue

Webmaster Auld

Yahoo Honours

Killie History

1965 League Champions

1997 Scottish Cup Winners
Classic Killie Matches
Do You Remember...
Killie Honours
Killie History
Killie in Europe
Manager History
Programme History
Picture Gallery


 Killie Romp In The Highland Heat!


Elgin City 0 Kilmarnock 3

(Ennstone Challenge Cup Semi-Final, Elgin, July 15th, 2006,)
Attendance: 650
Jim Jefferies had promised his trialists a decision early this week – despite an injury scare for Keith Lasley.

The former Motherwell midfielder was taken off at half-time after suffering a thigh injury in the 3-0 beating of Elgin City. Lasley was a first-half stand-out for Kilmarnock, but may miss out on the chance to impress Jefferies further in today’s Ennstone Cup final at Borough Briggs.

Fellow trialists Andrew Barrowman, (right) a striker from Birmingham City and Trent McLenahan, formerly of West Ham, also worked hard to impress.

Jefferies said: “I thought Trent came on and did reasonably well after Peter Leven’s early injury.

“I’ve said to him I’ll judge him after this weekend. Barrowman is up from Birmingham and scored but also missed a couple – though one was a great save.

“I’ve told him and Keith Lasley they will know by next week but Keith’s chances of playing tomorrow rest on how bad his injury is. We won’t risk him unnecessarily.”

In yesterday’s baking heat Kilmarnock proved too hot for battlers Elgin City. Only poor finishing prevented a bigger win as Jefferies’ boys dominated .

Paul Di Giacomo struck an early double while Barrowman stepped up his claim for a Killie contract with a goal seconds after his substitution.

It was gruelling stuff, particularly for Elgin in their all-black strips, with temperatures into the 90s.

Ex-Motherwell midfielder Keith Lasley swept a marvellous pass through the middle after eight minutes. As Stephen Naismith strode through on goal, Elgin goalkeeper Keiron Renton was quickly off his line to beat the SPL player of the year to it.

A hamstring for Peter Leven caused concern for Jefferies, with Aussie trialist Trent McLenahan on after only nine minutes.

Three minutes later, Killie went ahead. A throw-in from the right bounced to Paul Di Giacomo at the edge of the box and his stunning left foot volley flew high into the net.

Di Giacomo grabbed a less spectacular second on 15 minutes when Stephen Murray tore into the box and forced Renton to parry. It was a simple finish for Di Giacomo from a few yards out.

Elgin’s first chance came after 39 minutes when an Adam Nelson corner broke to Martin Johnston, but his low shot was cleared off the line by substitute McLenahan.

Jefferies made three changes at the break, including the replacement of Naismith by former Rangers and Birmingham City striker Andrew Barrowman. He immediately made his mark, volleying a Gary Locke cross in for 3-0 with his first touch.

Kilmarnock’s dominance continued to the end, though Elgin worked tirelessly .

Kilmarnock: Smith, Greer, Leven, Locke, Wright, Invincible, Lasley, Di Giacomo, Naismith, S. Murray. Subs: Fowler, Nish, Dodds, McClemahan, G. Murray, Barrowman, Logan.

Sunday's July 16th, Ross Co Pic's are HERE

counter Copyright © 2000-2007 All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to be bound by the terms of our Web Site Rules and Regulations.